What We Do
Melanoma and Skin Cancer Trials Ltd works with world-leading researchers to deliver clinical trials that improve melanoma and skin cancer outcomes. We are the only independent, not-for-profit, multi-site, collaborative clinical trials group focused on melanoma and skin cancer in Australia and New Zealand.
From early engagement with consumers and researchers to develop research concepts, through to the publication of results, we work cooperatively to provide a range of clinical trial services. We value the lived experiences of consumers, and our collaborative approach ensures their unique perspectives are considered in clinical trial prioritisation, development, and implementation.
Our endorsement of clinical trial and research concepts provides them with a badge of quality, increases their chance of being funded, and has been a key factor in our success.
Our services for researchers
We assist researchers across all stages of clinical trials, including:
- Research concept development and endorsement
- Support for grant preparation and submission
- Biostatistics and health economics modelling
- Quality of life and patient reported outcome modelling
- Facilitating active partnerships with consumer advocates and patients
- Mentoring and peer review opportunities for researchers via Discipline-Specific Advisories
- Trial budget development and management
- Trial design and protocol development
- Ethics submission and protocol compliance
- Feasibility evaluation and site selection
- Access to local and international trial recruitment networks
- Site initiation training and trial start-up
- Trial and research project management
- Data and safety monitoring
- Database build and data management
- Monitoring and data validation
- Close-out and archive